The Albizia julibrissin – or Persian silk tree, as it is more commonly known, is also sometimes called “pink silk tree” on account of its vivid pink blossom. This tree is often referred to as a “mimosa” because its leaves close up at night when the tree rests.
It was introduced to Europe in the middle of the 18th century by the Italian nobleman Filippo degli Albizzi. Small and deciduous, the tree originates from Southwest and Eastern Asia. It has a wide crown and reaches a maximum height of 16m. The bark of the tree is a dark greenish grey and develops vertical stripes as the tree grows older. The branches are smooth and slightly curved. The leaves of the silk tree are bipinnate, and the blossom looks like silk globes. The seeds are used as feed for livestock, and the sweetly scented nectar attracts bees and butterflies.
Extract of Persian silk tree is an ACTIVE ANTI-GLYCATION INGREDIENT!
It is an extremely powerful yet natural anti-aging substance. It reduces signs of fatigue swiftly, visibly and lastingly:
repairs skin protein structures which have suffered damage through glycation and protects them from further damage
- offers long-term support to the skin’s own detoxification system
- optimizes the energy supply in the skin (ATP)
- swiftly reduces dark eye rings and puffy eyes
- makes fatigued, sallow skin look fresh again
- relaxes deep expression lines and haggard facial features
- keeps the skin’s microcapillary system intact
- prevents age spots from forming